news material Vivo’s new smartphone wants to compete with Apple and Samsung in the photo
The Vivo smartphone brand has just unveiled its X80 Pro, a new high-end Android terminal that relies on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC, but also on a photo part developed with ZEISS. The promises displayed are significant.
The Chinese manufacturer Vivo hopes to hit hard in launching the X80 Pro in Europe. This brand new 5G smart phone is a top-of-the-range model on all fronts, and it makes you want to be interested in it.
A muscular technical sheet for the vivo X80 Pro
The smartphone screen is an AMOLED E5 Ultra Vision LTPO model with a variable refresh rate up to 120 Hz, which already shows great promise in terms of image fluidity.
Inside, performance is assured by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC and to prevent the latter from overheating, Vivo uses liquid cooling technology with a vapor chamber. 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256 GB of UFS3.1 storage space are also part of it.
We also mention a 3D ultrasonic fingerprint sensoran IP68 certification, a dual stereo speaker, a battery with a typical capacity of 4700mAhwired fast charging 80W Flash Load and an 50W Wireless FlashCharge and on a rich and interesting technical sheet. But it doesn’t stop there.
Serious photo ambitions
The X80 Pro is presented by vivo as a pushed photophone. It is equipped with four sensors on the back:
- A main camera 50 megapixels with CNG sensor and optical image stabilization (OIS),
- An ultra-wide-angle camera 48 megapixels,
- A 2x telephoto portrait camera (50mm equivalent) of 12 megapixels with gimbal stabilization,
- A 5x periscope camera 8 megapixel.
Added to this is a front sensor 32 megapixels meant for selfies.
Vivo does not just offer a wide variety of sensors: the manufacturer has also equipped its smartphone witha new image processing chip, the Vivo V1+. The latter is associated with an artificial intelligence system which makes it possible to obtain a professional rendering thanks to the price taking into account the ambient light.
Otherwise, Vivo has also partnered with ZEISS to offer advanced photo and video modes:
- Function ZEISS Cinematic Video Bokeh creates an oval defocused effect in the background combined with a 2.39:1 cinema aspect ratio, which displays a cinematic lens effect like on the big screen,
- Function Pure night viewallows you to capture night scenes in the city while maintaining the original appearance of the scene,
- Function PhotoXDR improve the clarity of backlit images and enhance tones to better prevent what the human eye can see.
Finally, the sensors on the back of the device are equipped witha ZEISS T coating which improves light transmission and limits glare during shooting.
This proposal turns out to be very ambitious on paper and it only remains to see what it gives in practice.
What price and availability for the Vivo X80 Pro?
Only one model is announced for the Vivo X80 Pro: it will be available for 1299 euros from the June 30th in France. This is a very high price for a 5G smartphone running Android 12 which will have to prove that it deserves such an investment.