A feature to know who has seen your publications on TikTok
According to screenshots revealed by social media consultant Matt Navarra, the platform would still allow users to see who viewed their posts. Note that this history would only list people who are subscribed to an account and who have viewed a publication. Similarly, only accounts you follow could see that you’ve viewed their posts.
Unlike the history available on Instagram and Facebook stories, the feature on TikTok could be turned off at any time by a user from the Settings. Moreover, this history would only be available for 7 days, from the date a video was posted on TikTok.
…But TikTok Post View History will only be available for 7 days from the date of posting 👀📆
— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) June 15, 2022
Asked by TechCrunch, a spokesperson for the social network confirmed the test of this feature. Note that this does not mean that this option will be deployed on a larger scale, especially if the tests are not conclusive.
The history of views on TikTok publications, how does it work?
According to the images released by Matt Navarra, the view history on TikTok posts implies that:
- the people you follow will be able to see that you have viewed their publications,
- you can see which followers have seen your posts,
- you can disable the feature now or anytime from the menu Settings and Privacy.
If the feature is disabled:
- the user will not be registered in the views on the publications of the people he follows
- the user will not be able to access the history on his own publications.
To access this history, a section counting the views would be available at the bottom left of the screen on a publication, as shown in the second tweet posted by Matt Navarra.