Google News is back in France, so we tell you how to customize the platform according to your interests and get the most out of it.
Google News is available again in France, so it’s users’ turn to take advantage of the news platform. In this guide, we’ll walk you through step-by-step how to customize your Google News profile to only see news from the topics and media that interest you.
This way, instead of having to visit every news outlet or search for a specific topic, you just have to enter Google News to keep up to date with the latest happenings. Google guarantees that it works with independent organizations when verifying news, so you can trust Google News to keep you informed.
How to Customize Google News to Track Your Favorite Topics and Media
The first chosen to do to personalize your profile is, obviously, to access the Google News website. At the moment, the news service is only available through the web version, although the company is working on a mobile app.
Upon entering, you see that the first selected that appears is a summary with the exceptional news. In addition, local news appears on the right side as well as personalized ones that Google considers interesting for you, taking into account your tastes. If you scroll down, you’ll find a category called “Your Themes”, which you can customize like this:
- Click on the “Customize” button at the top right of the “Your Themes” category.
- In the window that appears, select the subjects that interest you in “France”, “International”, “Business”, “Science and technology”, “Leisure”, “Sports” and “Health”. Also, on the right side, you can rank the topics from most interesting to least interesting.
- Optional: You can always click “Reset Settings” to return to the original settings.
- Click “Save and Close” to save changes and finish customizing the theme.
Another procedure you can do in Google News to customize the news that the platform shows you is to start following the media that you consult daily. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Enter the name of the media in question in the search engine. For example, you can search for “Netcost-security.fr”.
- Press the Enter key to continue the search.
- If the media is available in Google News, it will appear on the right side of the results page.
- Click the “Follow” button, located under their name, to start following them.
It is best to repeat this process with all the news media you are interested in. Then you just have to enter the “Following” tab available on the top bar to see all the media you follow. There you can sort them by level of interest, as well as remove those you no longer want to save as favorites.
With these two simple steps, you can tell Google News what topics and media interests you. Thus, the information service gives priority to this content. In addition, you should also know that in Google News you can save certain places as favorites to know all the information related to this place.
Related topics: Google